Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day weekend

Happy Labor Day! I was so excited to have a 3 day weekend to get a lot of stuff done that I had been postponing until now. Saturday, we did chores, laundry, and normal house stuff. Kirk and I actually finished texturing the walls in our sunroom! Yeah, paint is next! Saturday was actually a first for me and Holland since I finally let her go outside and walk in the grass. I know! I'm a protective mother. But, my Mom and I are both a little allergic to grass so I've been holding back on letting Holland outside. Holland had a blast walking around the backyard and playing with Piwi.



Holland finally found out how much fun it is to sit in the bay window and watch the cars drive by.


One of my early Sunday morning chores was to clean Holland's room and put up all the old stuff, such as, small clothes, toys, and stuff we used with her when she was younger. In the midst of doing so, we got out Kirk's old childhood rocking chair. Holland knew it was hers now and immediately sat down and sits in it all the time.


Sunday after church, I went over to Mom's to put her crib together. She finally bought a crib, but in her defense, she had borrowed one from some relatives. I think it turned out great. Only took me 1 hour to put together.


Today, Kirk and I dropped off Holland at Grannie's house and we went and worked cattle. It was hot, humid, and tiring, but we got it done! Cousin Clayton showed up to mow and helped us separate the cattle. For us, Labor Day is a day of labor. :) lol I'm so happy to have everything I set out to do this weekend done.

Happy Labor Day!

No comments: