Sunday, April 10, 2011

Recipes: breakfast

I think I'm going to start weekend cooking by theme.  The new recipes for this weekend are breakfast foods.  I made coffee cake (plainchicken.com) and sausage and cheese muffins (plainchicken.com).  As you can tell, I'm obsessed with plainchicken.com.  She is awesome.  She makes good food with easy, simple recipes.  I also busted out one of our old family recipes, hamburger bun pizzas.  They are so simple and kids love to help make them.  My family prefers hamburger pizzas so we use hamburger meat on top, but you can use any of your favorite pizza toppings.  I use pizza sauce, but Mom and Mommer use taco sauce and make theirs a little spicier.

Kate is home from ODS this week so we are going to work on decorating the Easter sugar eggs and make an all time favorite.....Cinnamon ring!  Most people call it monkey bread, but our late grandmother on our Dad's side, Grandma, always made it from scratch and called it "Cinnamon ring."  I can't wait!!!

No comments: