Sunday, June 12, 2011

Holland's 1st dance recital

Holland had her first dance recital last night.  She did great!  She performed a tap and ballet routine.  But for her age, tap and ballet really consists of a few moves and just a little foot work.  She knew the routines and did them on stage.  Her tap routine was to Me and My Teddy where the girls danced with a teddy bear that had a costume just like the girls costume.  Her ballet routine was to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and they used wands for props.  We weren't allowed to take any photos or video of the recital so all the pictures I have are before and after the recital.  I wasn't excited about putting makeup on Holland, but our recital instructions highly recommended it so that the girls wouldn't be washed out by the stage lights.  Holland loved having makeup on.  She had more on than I did.  The traditional gift for a dancer are flowers, but since she's so young, I figured she might like something different.  Luckily, I found a ballerina Hello Kitty.  She loved it!  We are so proud of our little dancer.

No comments: