Thursday, December 24, 2009

White Christmas Eve!!!

It was so wonderful to wake up to snow falling this morning. Even though we didn't do much today, it was a great day. I made homemade pumpkin bread, chicken and dumplings, sausage balls, and snow ice cream! Kirk had never had snow ice cream before. I'm glad he really enjoyed it. We got at least 10 inches of snow, and I would not be shocked if it was 12 inches. We have snow drifts 2-3 feet deep and in some areas the snow was up to mid-thigh on me. Kirk went to check and feed the cattle. He left around 2:30 and didn't get back until after 7. He pulled out a lot of people's stuck vehicles. Kirk fed the cattle hay and cattle cake and the cattle were all huddled up in the pens for cover. I waited until the snow and wind quit blowing before I took Holland out into the snow. I think it finally stopped around 4:30, so I got dressed, and got Holland ready. She was really excited all bundled up to go outside in the snow.


Once we went out on the front porch, she ate a little snow and checked out all the white stuff.


Our front porch is a 1 foot step up from ground level and the snow was over 1 foot taller than the front porch. With that scaring Holland and me, we went to the back yard to walk around in the shallower snow close to the back patio. Holland did good and liked walking around until it got too deep for her and then she fell down. She did good and got herself up, but then wanted Mama to hold her. :)

Before we put Holland to bed, we got online and checked out the NORAD Santa Tracker. Holland saw that Santa was in Brazil and on his way north. She kept on saying, "Santa, Santa, Santa." She got really excited when I told her Santa was coming to visit tonight.

It is a tradition in my family that we say "Christmas Eve Gift" on this day. It started generations ago with Mommer's family. So.........

Christmas Eve Gift!!!!!!

No comments: