Monday, November 19, 2012

Mommy/Daughter Day 1 - Britton

The girls and I had mommy/daughter days while Kirk went home to visit his parents and help them with some home renovations.  The first day was with Britton.  First we went to her 2 year appt.  She weighs 28 pounds and 13 ounces, which places her in the 80th percentile.  She is 35.5 inches tall, which is also in the 80th percentile.  Dr. Mike said she was doing great and right on track.  She received 2 shots and her flu vaccine.  Britton did awesome!  We went to the bank and took her piggy bank in to deposit her money.  I explained why we put our money in the bank and let her hand over her cash and coin receipt to the teller.  Next we went to her dentist appt.  The dentist and his assistant were extremely impressed with how well she did getting her teeth cleaned for the first time.  They brushed her teeth while she laid there watching cartoons.  I sat down beside her and she never flinched.  Britton was a perfect patient!  Here is Britton waiting for her dentist appt.


After the dentist, it was time for lunch.  I asked Britton what she wanted to eat and she said, chips and cheese.  The girls favorite chips and cheese is from Taco Bueno so that's where we went.  She enjoyed her nachos and smoothie.  After eating, it was time to shop!  We headed over to Toys R Us and I ended up buying a lot of the girls Christmas toys.  I was shocked Britton didn't notice what all was in the buggy, but she held my shopping list and pencil and was drawing the whole time.  Britton was pooped after her busy day so we headed home and took a nap.  I wish I had taken more photos of Britton while we were out, but with holding her it is difficult at times to get the phone out to take photos.  I know............ excuses.  Overall, we had a great day and we can't wait to do it again!

No comments: