Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving/Black Friday

This year was quite different than previous years.  We didn't get together with the whole family.  We did our own little family Thanksgiving meals.  Kirk, the girls, and I went to Mom's for lunch. 

We hung out, girls napped, and then I headed into town to meet Sara at Toys R Us.  We met at 4pm and Toys R Us didn't open until 8pm.  What is really amazing is that we were out of Toys R Us by 8:06pm.  We rocked!  The rest of the night is almost a blur.  We went to Sears, Walmart, Denny's for supper at 11:00pm, Bath & Body Works, Crazy 8, Children's Place, Target, Academy, JCPenney, and Radio Shack.  We were hard core again this year.  We had our Black Friday shirts that Boomtown Embroidery made for us and I brought our walkie talkies.  I figured we wouldn't use them, but they were handy when we would divide and conquer at a store.  Much easier than digging out the cell phones to call each other.  The most amazing part is that everywhere we went, we got what we wanted.  Even if we weren't there for the opening time, we still came home with everything.  Finally at 7:00am and after 15 hours of shopping, I was exhausted and headed home with breakfast for Kirk and the girls.  I took a nap when I got home and then Friday afternoon we put up the Christmas tree.  Bono, our Elf on the Shelf, came home Friday night.  Our advent calendar is out and Holland is chomping at the bit to start the countdown.  And Saturday, I wrapped all the gifts.  I still have more gifts to buy, but the girls are taken care of. 

No comments: