Sunday, April 12, 2015

Couch to 5K

Last summer when we moved in with Mom, I started the couch to 5K plan.  I was so out of shape but really loved getting out and getting back to running.  I was a runner in high school and loved it.  Something about being out and letting your mind go free was something I was needing.  I totally enjoyed it!  After finishing the training schedule it was time to sign up for 5Ks.  First up was ROC the Falls.  Cousin Kristy ran it with me.  It was a mud/obstacle 5K and we loved it!

Next up was the Glow Run 5K.  Kristy ran with me and Kirk got to participate in this one but had to walk. He had a stress fracture during the summer and couldn't train and was on crutches for weeks. 

The very next night Kristy, George (my best friend and C25K training buddy), and I ran the Zombie 5K.  Creepy!!!

Kristy and I ran the Color Run 5K and it was a blast!  Can't wait to do this one again!!



I was wanting to push myself so George and I signed up for the Holiday Hustle 10K.  Yeah, I'm really a 5K kind of girl.

After being sick a bit and taking a few months off, it was time to get back to running.  Next up was the Pole to Pole 5K in San Diego.  This was a family affair.  Holland did great running.  Britton just wasn't feeling it.  She's more of a let me be carried kind of girl.


The next 5K was T.H.O.R obstacle/mud run.  It was really awesome!  Kristy, Kirk and I ran together as a group.  George ran in an earlier heat.  I didn't get really muddy, but it was really fun and cold!

No comments: