Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 4th

Our family all met up at Mommer's for the 4th of July. While we waited for the sun to go down, we ate, watched a little TV and relaxed, and the kids played. We had tons of great food like hot dogs, BBQ, cheesecake, and homemade Big Red ice cream!!! We saw a huge old turtle on the front lawn and the annual July 4th tarantula. We popped fireworks out on the front lawn and hung out. Normally I light fireworks, but this year just didn't work out for me. The night before, my big toe on my right foot got cut open and the morning of the 4th, I jammed my left foot pinkie toe on the couch. I could barely walk, let alone, light fireworks. Holland did great, though! She didn't get scared except for the 60 count missiles and all she did was run to someones lap. We had watched Star Wars on TV earlier in the day, so when the fireworks would go off, she would yell out "Star Wars." :) We had a really good time and it brings back so many memories for me. I can remember being very little and popping fireworks out at Mommer's house every year.

No comments: