Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So far, so good!

The weekend of Kate's wedding, we weren't planning on trying any new recipes.  But we surprised ourselves by doing so.  We wrapped chicken breasts with prosciutto and then olive oil fried them on the stove and served with pesto pasta.  It was really good and we loved the leftovers.  The first weekend in March we made homemade chili (Deen brothers recipe) with cheddar cornbread waffles (plainchicken.com).  Kate and Matt were in from their honeymoon and came over to eat this meal with us before Kate left for ODS.  Kirk loved it!  It was really good.  I might have to tweak the cornbread recipe just a little.  I like a little sweetness to my cornbread so I might have to add a little sugar to it.  I also made butter dips (plainchicken.com) and we all loved them.  Since the cheddar cornbread waffles and butter dips called for buttermilk, I went ahead and made my favorite muffin recipe, bran muffins, to finish out the rest of the buttermilk.  Here is the cheddar cornbread waffle with chili. 

This last weekend, we made Bubble Up Pizza (plainchicken.com) and again, loved it!  You take cut up biscuits mixed with your favorite pizza toppings (we used pepperoni and hamburger meat) and pizza sauce and bake.  So easy and so yummy!  I also wanted to make rosemary roasted chicken and potatoes, so I bought one of those McCormick seasoning kits that includes the recipe and it turned out really good. 


No comments: