Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!

Holland's class had their "wear green" day the Wednesday before Spring Break so I asked Kirk to take a picture of Holland before leaving for school.  I think I know what Holland was saying before this photo.  I'm sure it was something to the effect of, "no, no pictures, I want to go to school."  lol  I hope she is saying that when she is in high school. 

We didn't do anything special for St. Patrick's Day today since Kirk was in class and Holland and I are suffering from allergy/sinus stuff.  Yuck!  We are sneezing, coughing, and praying for rain.  We just hung out at the house, but of course, we wore our green!  We also had a Green Shamrocks book to read to Holland. 

I wanted to make some chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing and little shamrock sprinkles for St. Patty's Day.  I didn't have a buttercream icing recipe to use, so I checked plainchicken.com and low and behold, she had posted a recipe for Irish Cream Buttercream Icing the same day I was baking the cupcakes!  What are the odds?!?!  I had to print and make it.  Fabulous!  And, another must have for St. Patty's is Guinness! 

No comments: